Meetings and exhibitions - facilities
ETSI has two amphitheatres and a number of meeting rooms which we use to host our standards meetings.
Several of our larger meeting rooms are also suitable for exhibitions; including the entrance hall of the Main building. Though these premises are not designed specifically for exhibition use, adaptations can be made and these have proven to be most satisfactory to delegates and organizers.
- All meeting rooms equipped with projectors, sound systems and delegate microphones
- Audio conferencing facilities in all meeting rooms
- Audio Bridge facilities - up to 50 simultaneous connections
- ETSI meeting rooms may be available to hire for breakout meetings
- Access to ETSI's wireless LAN and public Internet access - all meeting rooms
- Simultaneous translation booths - Athena and Iris amphitheatres. Three booths for interpreters in the Athena amphitheatre, and one in the Iris amphitheatre.
- Courtesy telephones are provided in the entrance hall of the Main building.
- Single phase 220 volts alternating current, 50 Hz in all meeting rooms and exhibition areas.
- Power sockets are French-style two round pin plus earth (FR1-16R format (polarised CEE7-7 plug) ) accepting the 'Schuko' format plug (EU1-16P and FR1-16P formats).
- Wireless local area network access (IEEE 802.11n).
- Extensive wired Ethernet coverage (RJ45 sockets).
- Meeting rooms and the entrance hall have both forms of local area network access.
- Several self-service PCs in the ETSI entrance hall.
ETSI's local area network is free to use and gives access to the public Internet and to a number of printers in the ETSI buildings. This is an unsecured service and users accept all risks of using these facilities.
- Plasma display screens
Conference programmes and other information may be displayed on plasma display screens in the entrance halls of the two ETSI buildings - by prior arrangement.
Badges will be provided for meeting delegates and exhibitors, either by ETSI or the event organizer at the registration desk
- Badges, either issued by ETSI or by the organizer, to a pre-agreed format may be used by delegates and exhibitors wishing to make use of the restaurant adjacent to ETSI - by prior arrangement.
- Complementary drinks available throughout ETSI.
- Vending machines offering a small selection of snacks.
- Sandwich van located outside, between the ETSI buildings.
- Additional provision may be made by prior arrangement for a cost. These may include: pastries, sandwiches, buffet or seated lunches and dinners (outside ETSI), cocktails, social events, tours, etc.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the meeting rooms.
- For further details regarding restaurants please see Visiting ETSI.
NB. Please use the Hotel Reservation Confirmation form. The information on these lists is subject to change, notably during peak seasons and major congresses, and may not include local taxes and other charges.
ETSI provides this information in good faith but declines all responsibility regarding the use of the hotels and other facilities featured in the lists.
Delegates and exhibitors are required to make their reservations in their own name using the hotel booking form, directly with the hotel, having first called the hotel to check availability.
We recommend that you identify yourself as attending 'ETSI/[Name of the event]'.
We also advise booking rooms well ahead of an event to avoid disappointment.
Where is ETSI?
ETSI is situated in the Sophia Antipolis science park, in pleasant wooded surroundings about 20 minutes' drive along the A8 motorway travelling west from Nice airport.
650, route des Lucioles
06921 Sophia Antipolis, France
Further information can be obtained under Visiting ETSI.
Getting to ETSI
- Probably the easiest means of transport from Nice Airport direct to ETSI
- ETSI has negotiated discounts (approximately €60 each way). Please note that any use of taxis is based on a contract between the hirer and the driver. ETSI declines all responsibility regarding fares and the use of taxis mentioned in its lists.
- ETSI has negotiated preferential rates with several major care hire companies.
- ETSI is served by several bus routes from Nice Airport, Antibes and Cannes.
- Find the up to date Bus timetables from Nice airport web site.
- The bus stop nearest to ETSI is called Place Sophie Laffitte.
Further transport details and directions can be found under Visiting ETSI.
- A taxi service for the disabled is available.
- The ETSI Main building has lifts (elevators), including a stair lift, and there are ramp accesses to both buildings.
- See a full description for the disabled facilities - or contact ETSI Meeting Support at +33 (0)4 92 94 42 56 .
NB. Please note that no inductive loop system or Braille signage is available at ETSI
- ETSI buildings are open from 08:00 hrs - 20:00 hrs, Monday to Friday
- In very exceptional circumstances, and only by prior agreement, visitors may be allowed access to the buildings outside these times
- Building supervision is by security guard outside the above hours
Free parking is available outside the ETSI Main building and Einstein building